I am Sara Jaaksola, a Finnish girl that has the life long passion for everything Chinese. I’m on a journey that will lead to fluency in Chinese language. I’m studying a Bachelor Degree in Chinese Language at the Sun Yat-Sen University.
I have been living in Guangzhou since March 2010 and feel like home in this city.
If you have any questions about moving to China, living in China, living in Guangzhou etc. please feel free to post your question to the forum!
What is this blog about?
- Sharing tips on living in China
- It’s about living my life in China
- Studying Chinese language to fluency
- I also write in Chinese / 我也用中文写博文
Some facts about me:
- Student at the University of Tampere 2008 – 2010 (Finland), History, Art History, Culture History, Asian Studies
- Exchange Student at the University of Guangzhou 2010 – 2011, Chinese Language
- Undergraduate Student at the Sun Yat-Sen University 2011-2013, Chinese Language
- Author of the book: Nyt onnistut! Opas paasykokeeseen (About applying to university in Finland. How to prepare for the entrance examination.)
- Admin for two blogs in Finnish: Xue opiskelee (About my daily life) and Paasykoeblogi (About studying and applying to university)
- Other texts: Column in Kuriositeettikabi.net (About my work experience in a museum)
- E-mail: sara(a)sarajaaksola.com