But what can we do in order to keep on learning and not forgetting everything before continuing lessons in the Autumn?
Do something fun every day!
Learning should be fun, especially on a holiday so choose a fun Chinese activity that fits your Summer mood.
- Explore fun apps on Apple Store or Google Play, for example tracing characters on Chinese Writer by trainchinese can get addictive!
- Listen to podcasts on interesting topics. What about listening ChinesePod podcasts At the beach or Going on a picnic.
- Listen to Chinese songs on QQ Music app, Youku or YouTube. Follow the lyrics as you go to help comprehension.
- If you want to improve your reading skills, get shopping on Taobao.
- If you live in China or close to a Chinatown, make it into a game to spot a certain character on road signs or restaurant menus. Forget catching Pokemons, try catching as many “人” as possible!
You don’t have to study for hours, even a few minutes per day is better than cramming a full day once a month. Stay consistent and your Chinese will improve. Most of all, have fun with Mandarin!
How do you make learning Chinese fun?