As all of you who follow my Facebook page know, I visited Hong Kong during the Chinese New Year holiday. The best destination I visited this time was absolutely the famous Dragon’s Back Hike. If you want to relax in a few hours hike in the middle of the nature, then this pretty easy hike is just for you!
- Take the MTR to Shau Kei Wan station, then change to bus number 9 To Tei Wan, the hike starts right next to the bus stop, you can’t miss it!
- Go during the morning or later during the day, avoid hot and harsh midday sun!
- Take water and snacks with you
- There are no trash bins along the road so remember not to litter!
- For more infromatio check Discover Hong Kong
Get off on this bus stop, you will then see a sign and a map to the Dragon’s Back Bone.
One kilometer to the beginning of the Dragon’s Back Hike.
The view on top is amazing! During the hike you feel like you have left the bustling Hong Kong, even though your are on the Hong Kong Island! A great get-a-way for a few hours or for a full day!
No need to worry about getting lost, there are signs in evey crossroad.
From here (sign below) you can continue the walk to the beach or head to the bus station and back to the city.